Nudge, Behavioural insights and income collection
Behavioural insights and ‘Nudge’ techniques are being used extensively across government and the commercial sector. This approach has shown time and again how small changes can create significant savings and increases in revenue.
This full-day interactive workshop can be delivered on your premises on a date that best suits your colleagues. It is based on our experience of running the first ever large-scale project to investigate the application of Nudge approaches in social housing.
We ran 9 randomised controlled trials with over 7000 tenants and achieved some amazing results, including:
- 46% increase in revenue through minor changes to an envelope
- 12% increase in payment rates by including just one extra message in arrears comms
- 24% increase in tenant engagement by redesigning one letter
Facilitated by the project lead Steven Johnson FRSA, this interactive, hands-on workshop will equip your teams with the knowledge, skills and tools to apply Nudge-style changes to your own income collection processes.
During this session your team will:
- Understand the basics of ‘Nudge’ and behavioural economics
- Design small, effective changes to your pathway that can be applied immediately
- Gather inspiration from a range of case studies and examples that have been proven to work.
- Discover how data, insight and segmentation can improve collection rates
- Learn how to model the cost of collecting debt and perform basic VFM calculations
- Designing a randomised controlled trial to rigorously evaluate interventions
Who should attend?
Whilst designed primarily for income collection teams, the concepts and tools shared through this workshop are applicable to a wide range of challenges facing the social housing sector, including Gas Safety Access, channel shift, ASB and repairs.
How much does it cost?
£1999 for up to 25 people. This includes all expenses, session materials and a free set of MINDSPACE cards for each delegate.