We are delighted to have been invited to present our Considered_ approach to the 2nd World Social Marketing Conference in Dublin next week (11–12 April 2012). Held biannually, this global gathering distills a range huge array of opportunity into two short days, and we are keen to unpack it all.
As behaviour change practitioners, we believe this event should be more of aconfluence than a conference: a merging of streams, rather than a discussion of themes; a workshop rather than a talking shop; a crucible of interaction, collaboration and participation.
With this in mind, we’d like to introduce the Collaborative exChange: a simple concept to help us all unlock the full potential of this event. Rather than simply using our exhibition stand as 3-dimensional brochure, we aim to develop it as a catalyst for a range of collaboration opportunities amongst our fellow delegates. This will include:
• Mapping networks of interest and ambition within the conference community
• Facilitating connections
• Enabling discussion across the conference campus
• Running flash-mob seminars, based on delegate priorities, not the conference organiser’s
By collecting a few details from delegates at the stand, via Twitter or over email we will begin to develop an understanding of the conference community. Through the same face-to-face and digital channels we will then begin to develop and facilitate collaboration opportunities, real time and post-conference. Follow www.twitter.com/Considered__ and #wsmcollab for updates and dialogue.
If you’d like to be part of this open-ended process and track where it takes us, please send the following brief details to email@example.com
• Email address and/or Twitter feed
• Main behaviour change focus (health, environment etc..)
• Burning issue (the single most significant challenge you face in your behaviour change practice.
If you’re also attending the conference, please visit us at stand Green / Yellow 7